Saturday 9 April 2011

How it began...

What made me aware of the bad stuff behind the label/process of consumer goods; preservatives, additives, pesticides, etc.... was a chance encounter with Zac Goldsmith (editor of The Ecologist then, Conservative MP for Richmond Park & North Kingston now) at Picasso cafe on King's Road in London. 

He was on television the night before, et voila...and there he was standing right before my eyes while I was having breakfast on the terrace of the cafe...we smiled at each other. And then weeks later, I bought a copy of The Ecologist (the world's leading environmental affairs magazine founded in 1970 by his uncle, Edward Goldsmith), and it opened my eyes to a world of scary stuff that we have been consuming. I've gathered much knowledge from it and since then I've been rather conscious of what I put in my mouth and on my body.



No comments:

Post a Comment